“Sudoku 16x16 Monster” is a big and challenging 16x16 Sudoku game for Mac computers.
It has excellent features that will allow you to solve the puzzle easier as the game does the boring tasks while you do the thinking.
Available in The Mac App Store
Have an iPhone/iPod Touch?
Check our sleek iPhone / iPod Touch version
Have an iPad?
Check our iPad version
FEATURES AND OPTIONS:
- 36,000 puzzles
- 6 difficulty levels
- 7 color skins for every taste
- Sudoku 16x16 Manual
- 3 smart double click shortcuts
- AutoFill mode
- Manual mode
- Manual mode with smart notes
- Conflict alert
- Number-Finder feature
- Hint feature
- Clear notes and reset features
- AutoFill Mode - all notes will be automatically populated and then kept in sync with the numbers you enter. You can remove notes. You can add notes only if you previously removed them. In this mode the game does everything for you and lets you do the thinking. As in all Sudoku games with AutoFill mode enabled: it is just too easy to play level one and two, so use it only for higher levels.
You can switch back to manual mode - the auto-populated notes will remain.
- Manual Mode - you are responsible for adding/removing notes. No restrictions.
- Manual Mode with "smart notes" - you are responsible for adding/removing notes, but the game will auto cleanup the corresponding notes when you enter a new number.
If you change your mind and remove the number the game will put them back.
In manual mode you can use the "Clear Notes" button to clear all notes.
- Double click shortcuts - very convenient for this type of big puzzle:
1. If you want to quickly remove a number you entered - just double-click it
2. When there is only one note in a certain square - double click it and the note will become the number
3. If a row, column or sub-square is populated with unique numbers and there is only one number left - double-click the square - the remaining number will appear.
- Conflict alert - it will show you that you have entered a wrong number.
The feature works differently in AutoFill mode and manual mode: In manual mode it will alert you if you have a conflicted number on the same row, column or sub-square.
In AutoFill mode it is obvious from the notes which numbers can be entered, so in that case it will also alert you if you entered a wrong number.
If it looks like you have solved the puzzle, but nothing happens, enable conflict alert and switch to AutoFill mode to see what you have done wrong.
- When nothing is selected click and hold a number in the notes pad. All squares containing this note will be highlighted;
- When nothing is selected click and hold a number in the number pad. All squares containing this number will be highlighted;
This feature will allow you to solve the puzzle much faster.
For some players it is half of the fun to find the correct notes by themselves and solve it without any extra help. Don't use the feature if you are one of those players.
- Clear notes in manual mode feature will clear all notes
- Reset puzzle (located in the main menu) will allow you to reset the current puzzle and start over
- Hint - press the "Hint" button and one unknown number will be revealed
- Timer - game timer - you can turn it on and off from the main menu
- Sound - you can turn it on and off from the main menu